Corporate Social Responsibility
In today’s globalized economy, your company is accountable for the social and environmental impacts of its operations. Legislators, business partners, investors, and consumers expect your corporate social responsibility policy to operate in accordance with nationally and internationally recognized standards. Failure to meet these expectations may expose your company to a range of legal, reputational, and operational risks. Translating stakeholder expectations into effective and credible strategic initiatives can be a daunting challenge.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility policy attorneys and advisors have decades of experience helping clients meet their social and environmental performance objectives. Our clients operate in countries around the globe, and we advise them on issues ranging from indigenous peoples’ rights to freedom of expression. We offer counsel on both current legal requirements and emerging expectations, including those framed by the U.N. Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
A&S Jurisprudentia Ltd can help you through the process of conducting the due diligence necessary to identify the specific risks associated with current or proposed operations. To assist you in managing those risks, we assess your company’s existing practices against legal and regulatory requirements, as well as established voluntary standards, and identify areas for improvement. Finally, we guide you in developing the policies and action plans necessary to improve your company’s performance, manage overall risk, and safeguard and enhance its reputation. Our corporate social responsibility policy guidance is premised upon industry best practices and internationally recognized standards, but we tailor our services to your unique needs.
In sum, our advice helps you to:
- Understand and manage legal, operational, and reputational risks;
- Develop business principles, policies, and standards;
- Implement effective internal training programs and oversight measures;
- Improve and enhance your company’s reputation and brand;
- Retain customers and employees; and
- Improve your relationships with communities, media, regulators, opinion leaders and other stakeholders.
We provide specific counsel on:
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance;
- Corporate social responsibility policy templates;
- Policy and Standard Developments;
- Human Rights Due Diligence and Impact Assessments;
- Federal Affairs and Government Strategies;
- Stakeholder Engagement; and Crisis Management
Ultimately, our goal is to protect your company from risk while helping you demonstrate a commitment to responsible business conduct that is aligned with legal requirements and voluntary standards.