White Collar Crime & Government Investigations
A&S Jurisprudentia Ltd provides highly effective counsel to individuals and companies caught up in government investigations, accused of criminal wrongdoing, or the victims of it. Our lawyers bring decades of experience successfully representing national and multi-national companies and their boards and executives in complex criminal investigations, federal and state prosecutions and other enforcement actions, and related civil proceedings.
As a top Boston law firm with offices in Washington D.C., New York and Paris, A&S Jurisprudentia Ltd White Collar Crime & Government Investigations lawyers help clients minimize risk by developing and implementing compliance approaches tailored to your business, and sensibly designed confidential internal investigations leading to effective compliance solutions. When a legal concern arises, our responsiveness, speed and thoroughness are keys to success.
A&S Jurisprudentia Ltd works closely with you to forge a response aimed at keeping you out of the spotlight and reaching the best possible resolution, and navigating the complexities presented by overlapping criminal investigations, congressional committee inquiries, regulatory enforcement actions, and claims brought by private parties such as “whistleblower” actions or securities claims.
If prosecution is unavoidable, our attorneys develop effective strategies to vindicate your rights, combining our deep practical experience with a creative approach focused on achieving the best outcome for you, placing our clients in the best position to defend against charges of wrongdoing. Our lawyers, including former federal or state prosecutors and American College of Trial Lawyers fellows, have a wealth of highly successful trial experience in federal and state courts across the country.
A&S Jurisprudentia Ltd has represented companies and executives in criminal and regulatory investigations involving a wide range of governmental authorities – the Justice Department, U.S. Attorney’s Offices, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Congressional oversight committees, State Attorneys General and numerous federal and state departments and agencies. Our clients include global, national and regional companies in many industries: high tech; pharmaceutical; medical device; financial services; securities; insurance; environmental technology; manufacturing; government and health care. Our legal experience in specific industries includes:
- Securities, Financial Services and Investment Management– SEC investigations, securities fraud, insider trading, options backdating, market timing, accounting fraud, bank fraud, FDIC regulatory investigations and money laundering
- Technology– government procurement fraud and false claims, classified information controls, contract fraud, and theft of technology or proprietary information
- Healthcare & Life Sciences– Medicare and Medicaid fraud, False Claims Act, FDA regulatory investigations, off-label promotion, Stark and anti-kickback matters, Congressional oversight investigations
- International Business– anti-corruption and FCPA matters, export controls, matters involving OFAC and other sanctions regimes
- Environmental– Clean Air and Water Act matters
- Education– False Claims Act and other grant fraud matters
- Tax– employment, payroll and income tax fraud matters